Wednesday 2 October 2013

Eye Makeup Remover Mini Reviews

I’ve had a run of bad luck with eye makeup removers recently, but I don’t really want to focus too much on negatives so I thought I’d give you a quick review of each and then (attempt to) forget about them. 

First up is the first I tried – the L’Oreal Paris Dermo-Expertise Absolute Makeup Remover Eye & Lip. It was fine right up until I used to it take off Benefit’s They’re Real mascara and then my eyes burned like crazy, and they have remained slightly sensitive ever since. I used the whole bottle but it meant I had to be careful about what makeup I used on my eyes until I finished it.



Nivea Visage Extra gentle Eye Make-up remover: So gentle it removes absolutely nothing. It moves your mascara about a bit, but just succeeds in making you look like a panda. I think I used it twice before breaking into my emergency travel stash of No7.
 

L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution: And now I come to the bit I didn’t want to write. I was so so looking forward to using this, but unfortunately it’s a mixture of the previous two removers combined. It takes off my mascara and eyeliner ok on my top lashes, but will not shift what’s on the bottom lashes without a lot of effort – and you don’t want to be too vigorous around the delicate eye area. Added to that is the fact that it leaves me with one specific area of redness and irritation on my right eyelid.

 


All in all I’m not a happy bunny and am very glad that all three were cheap! Have you tried any disappointing products lately?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment