Tuesday 23 April 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection

It was my birthday recently and I decided to treat myself to a few odds and ends. First up was something I have been lusting after for ages – the Real Techniques Core Collection. I ordered them online from Amazon as I had a voucher to use and they only took a few days to arrive. In those few days however, I ran across what seemed like a million negative reviews online so I was starting to doubt my purchase somewhat, but luckily when they arrived I fell in love with them before I even used them. They’re so soft!







I was initially a bit concerned that the Pointed Foundation Brush was a bit too small (it’s about half the size of my now discarded Avon brush) but as soon as I started using it I wondered why on earth I’d wasted so much time with another brush. Foundation goes on like a dream without any streaks, and while it is a small brush it doesn’t take any longer to apply foundation as I don’t actually have to blend with this brush half as much as I did with the Avon.
The Detailer Brush is for lips and concealer, however I have found another use for it. I have very dry skin and therefore stay away from powder, apart from right underneath my eyes or else my mascara smudges like crazy. However, with this little beauty I can apply powder exactly where I want it under my eyes and it doesn’t affect my overall look – apart from the absence of the Alice Cooper look.
I have tried the Buffing Brush for a couple of different types of blusher, but I have not yet settled on a definite use for it yet. I’m going to see how it compares to the Pointed Foundation Brush for applying liquid foundation and will report back soon, as well as on the Contour Brush, as I don’t really bother with bronzer in winter.

 

1 comment:

  1. Kara, try the buffing brush for your foundation! It's amazing :)

    S xx

    ReplyDelete