Saturday 7 September 2013

Nivea Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream for Dry and Sensitive Skin

I found myself out of my comfort zone a few months ago when I realised that the moisturiser I've used for the past decade had been discontinued and that I'd have to pick a new one. I actually hadn't got much further than checking a few reviews on the Boots website when I bought Nivea's Daily Essentials Light Moisturising Day Cream for Dry and Sensitive Skin. Maybe I'd been brainwashed by the length of the product name? Or maybe it was on offer in Tescos and I vaguely remembered that it had got good reviews on Boots. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Although the product is a fairly light cream it definitely does what it says on the tin. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, it just leaves the skin baby soft. It also has just a hint of that classic Nivea fragrance that evokes images of beautiful old women with perfect skin that they put down to 50 years of nothing but water and Nivea creams. It feels incredibly nourishing on the skin and sinks in really quickly so you don't have to wait too long before applying your makeup - something which is essential for me as I don't have a lot of time to spare in the mornings.

It also contains spf 15, which I actually found somewhat hard to come by when I was researching which moisturiser I was going to go for.

It retails for £4.99 which is an absolute bargain given that it performs just as well as mid-range products and although I missed having a pretty jar sitting on my shelf at first, the squeezy tube is really handy as it doesn't dispense too much product at once - a little really does go a long way with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment